• barblucasyahoo-com

September 14, 2022 at 10:09 pm

Chelle,

That explanation is SO helpful. Is it worth it to pay the $1 more per month at Namecheap to host in the EU and get on the cloud servers? Do you know if that has pros/cons on uptime and/or speed to load the page?

Does Namecheap have any pattern of taking down sites for content issues? I’m not talking clear examples of objectionable content people shouldn’t be posting, but I’ve heard of other people who write romance of higher heat levels who might get ToSed for their book cover pics of excerpts of their books posted on their sites.

I saw Namecheap can maintain email lists (and I’m assuming here, maybe allow you do email campaigns. I’m guessing that it’s better to get a dedicated email program like MailerLite or ConvertKit to handle things like that? Would that be fair?

I’m glad you mentioned the upselling, since I was looking at features, and when I clicked on one, it added it to my cart and then had a BIG list of upsell items. In terms of those items (or even plug-ins that you can add to WordPress, are there any you’d recommend or advise us to avoid?

By the way, it’s so nice to e-meet you. I really enjoy Indie Author Magazine!

Barbara